View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 04:13 PM   #26
Smasher08
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk175d View Post
Finally got a set of Co-focus 1.18 and strung it up on the crosses at 47. Believe it or not this is the 4th cross of strung on the same VS mains! (I know some people think this is nuts, but I'm not a string breaker and my stringing machine has a 6 pt clamping system so the hoop is very stable when I cut the crosses out, I can get a lot of life out of the gut mains by just replacing the crosses every 10 days or so). The mains had minimal notching but I made sure to weave the cross so the it overlapped in the same pattern as the previous crosses so it would use existing notches. If I did a fresh stringing I'd do VS at 56 and poly cross at 50 but knowing the mains had probably dropped into the upper 40's by now I strung the cross a little lower.

Anyway, played 4 sets of doubs and a set of singles today with it. Felt great! Probably a little crisper than the Silverstring I'd been using. I have another frame recently strung with VS and Silverstring and really the two felt pretty similar. Especially towards the end of hitting today after the MSV had broken in a little. Great combo.
Nice. Just out of curiosity, what gauge of VS are you using? 16?