View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 07:17 AM   #1984
Gasolina
Professional

I'm assuming you play with the XL 95 in stock? Honestly I'm not a fan of leading up something THAT much. PLus, you'd be putting most of the lead in the handle. I tried that once and it was too polarized at the handle and I thought the added weight didn't contribute anything good to the racquet and you'll be better off with the XL 95 Lite in stock.

For me, the Tour worked because I was leading up my XL 95 to beef it up. My biggest gripe about your racquet is it isn't as stable at the net. Some lead at the 3&9 fixed that. The Tour in stock is rock solid and I only added lead at the 12 to get more oomph.

Also, the "underpoweredness" of the Tour is blown way out of proportion. It's nothing a little lead at the 12 won't solve and a good set of string. As a comparison, you get nothing but praise on the PS85 (even if its low powered), and people just add "yeah I did add lead to the 3&9" only when asked.

Haven't tried the e-zone but somebody in the thread mentioned that it was suited for more flattish shots. Honestly, I'd be scared of the thick beam too. I had to work a lot of balls to get my forehand and backhand in tune w/ the RQiS tapered beam.