View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 05:20 AM   #53
Bobby Jr
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by origmarm View Post
Bobby I hope you don't feel I misrepresented what I posted there with the pictures. I thought I had made it clear that the information I had was only on the authority of the chap who let me hit the racquet.
No, not at all. Your post was one of the only ones in that thread worth reading. It's mostly other people who post saying their Wilson rep told them so and so.

That aside, I doubt any local Wilson rep would be in possession of an actual Fed prototype - let alone lend it to a coach. I have no issue with prototypes per se and in fact have seen and played with a few over the years myself. But with organisations like Wilson it is highly unlikely that someone at the public/retail interaction level would be in possession of a truly special prototype. Reps, as they are inclined to, tend to make anything sound better than it really is. If that entailed saying a frame is a Federer prototype then I wouldn't doubt most would claim it or suggest it.

The reality is, outside of a very, very small group no-one even within Wilson would know what was in the works for Federer (frame and development-wise). There is absolutely no need for them to, and it would achieve nothing other than being a business risk for Wilson.

Last edited by Bobby Jr : 09-19-2011 at 06:30 AM.
Bobby Jr is offline   Reply With Quote