View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 08:08 AM   #10
Power Player
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin T View Post
I like the disclaimer from Controlled Labs:

For best results, Orange Triad™ should be used in combination with other Controlled Labs products, at least 1-2 gallons of water per day, a high protein/moderate carbohydrate diet.

So I hope you are drinking 1-2 gallons of water per day, PP. Their source of chondroitin is beef trachea, so hope you're cool with that. It also contains shellfish-derived ingredients-just FYI for potential allergies. I haven't seen much on Controlled Labs products on the US Pharmacopeia website. Orange Triad is listed on the Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database website but it requires a subscription to access. I'm always suspicious of products actually containing what they say they contain, particularly from smaller companies.

Yeah, you have to drink a lot of water..but as tennis players we should be doing that anyway. I am around a gallon a day, multis or not.

Controlled Labs has been a real solid supplement manufacturer for a while now.

It's easy to say that you take a basic multi and fish oil and thats it..but the harder you exercise and older you get, IMO the supplements should be revisited. tennis can be super physical, and you add in weightlifting and other exercise, and I don't see anything wrong with better vitamins and recovery aids.

I take the Triad, Vitamin D3, Magnesium, Fish Oil and Zyflamend for my wrist. Switched over to Cytomax as well and dumped the powerade.

The Triad has been extremely popular for 3 years now, so I am interested in how it works for me, and if anyone else takes it or something similar.

Yes I have heard to avoid Optimen as well.
Power Player is online now   Reply With Quote