View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 10:30 AM   #38
Kevin T
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRANITECHIEF View Post
I do, Saturn Outlook, room for 8, heated leather seats, total land yacht.

My boy is 4 and he snowboards intermediates (Squaw intermediates) with me.

BTW, its starting:

FOR WED-THU...UPPER LOW DROPS OFF THE CENTRAL COAST BEFORE MOVING SLOWLY EASTWARD AND CLOSING OFF OVER CA-NV LATE NEXT WEEK. THE PREFERRED ECMWF BRINGS FRONT TO THE FAR NORTHERN SIERRA TUE NIGHT AND THEN SLIDES IT SLOWLY SOUTHEASTWARD WED/WED EVENING. SURFACE GRADIENT WILL INCREASE ONCE AGAIN WITH GUSTY WINDS DEVELOPING TUE NIGHT AND WEDNESDAY AHEAD OF FRONT. FAVORABLE JET AND FRONTAL DYNAMICS WILL COMBINE WITH PACIFIC MOISTURE FETCH TO PRODUCE
WIDESPREAD RAIN AND HIGH ELEVATION SNOW WITH MODEL QPF INDICATING OVER 2 INCHES OF QPF ALONG THE SIERRA CREST. DEEP MOIST AND UNSTABLE SOUNDINGS ALONG WITH STRONG FRONTAL FORCING LEND SUPPORT FOR SPILLOVER ALONG AND BEHIND SLOW MOVING COLD FRONT. MODEL QPF IS
GENERALLY INDICATING 0.50-1.00 INCHES IN WESTERN NV VALLEYS. SNOW LEVELS WILL INITIALLY BE QUITE HIGH ALTHOUGH FORCING AND LIFT MAY BE ENOUGH TO LOWER THEM CLOSE TO LAKE LEVEL AT TIMES. THERE MAY BE TRAVEL DELAYS OVER THE HIGHER PASSES AT SOME POINT WED-WED NIGHT.

Jeez, why they gotta shout!
Nice, Granite. My bro-in-law has a GMC Acadia that we usually take up to Tahoe. I think I have an easier trip though, ~ 1 hr 10 minute flight from SD to Sac, then hop in the car with bro-in-law and father-in-law, then < 2 hrs to Sugar Bowl/Squaw/etc. Have fun this season!