View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 04:01 PM   #49
Kevin T
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
Your logic is seriously flawed. Americans are unhealthy for a variety of reasons: eat too much, overweight, fast foods, sedentary lifestyle, stress....need I say more?

Here's what I know:

- I take Creatine, I can lift more weight. I stop taking it, I can't lift as much.

- Without joint supplements I can play tennis about twice a week, I'm stiff as heck, and I have pain. With joint supplements I can play every day if I want, and the other problems are much less.

- On my normal diet, my doctor tells me my cholesterol is too high. After I add fish oil, flax oil, and niacin, my cholesterol is normal on the same diet.

Supplements have a lot of valid scientific research behind them. It's a fact that we don't produce the same chemicals in our bodies that we did when we were younger. Supplements help to get some of that back.

You can try to get all these supplements through diet, but for some supplements it's just not possible, and for others it's too much of a pain and expense.
Will taking supplements overcome eating too much (by the way, since we eat too much, we're not only overeating kcal/protein/fat but getting extra vites/minerals with the excess macronutrients), being lazy, stress, too much fast food?

I can't find the evidence-based articles/studies showing that supplements increase lifespan or improve disease states better than food sources. Could you post them?

If creatine makes you stronger for more than one or two cycles, then I would say you are the recipient of the 'placebo' effect.

I need to find your joint supplements, because it hasn't worked that way for me or most people.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-11330747

Your other supplements, niacin, flax and fish oil are easy to get from diet.