View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 07:54 PM   #58
Talker
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Player View Post
I already stated I found a good supplement and wondered who else was taking it. I didn't expect every anti supp naysayer to come in and be condescending about it.

Like Ramon said, I wish these things did not work because I won't buy them. There are tons of people who take joint supplements prescribed by docs.

I will not touch the Euro health thing..that is just not even applicable to the conversation. The typical American diet is horrible, and we all know this.
I don't take that one.
If you eat poorly supplements help.
If you eat healthy supplements help.
Some supplements have a great amount of studies done with very good results.

Some can keep arteries clear and muscles functioning longer in life by slowing down glycation for example(carnosine is good for this).

I checked the ingredients in Orange Triad, it looks pretty good, pretty basic.

I like to take a solid multi, much more extensive than anything here and to that is added a lot of other stuff, including herb, fruit and vegetable extracts to target what I want. I have to review my regimen almost everyday so it's fun to do.

I've monitored blood results using different combinations instead of using a prescription for statins. Brought everything down to the low range except HDL which jumped +50%. It took six months using supplements. Didn't think my blood pressure would drop from 115/72 but it did to 95-100/60-65.
Then ran out of my stuff and kind of forgot about it, so my readings approached the original bad ones.
My doctor said he needs to catch up on supplements.
Talker is offline   Reply With Quote