View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 11:49 AM   #127
Up&comer
Hall Of Fame

Pacific classic/b5e

Stringing- only slightly harder than than the scorpion counterpart. It sounded like it slightly scraped the gut mains, but its no tour bite. No friction burn either.

Groundstrokes- very good. It was similar to tour bite in that it was basically scorpion with more spin. It had a better feel, and still made that sweet cracking sound. Right up there as one of my favorite baselining setups because of the power and spin. Sometimes though, there was a slight loss of control.
Overall-9.5

Serves- wow. Awesome. I can't really describe it. I served better than I ever have with this setup. It stumped the b5e addiction hybrid. It has so much free power and control. Kick serves were great, slice serves hooked, and flat serves were heavy.
Overall- 10/10

Volleys- again, really nice. Just about comparable to scorpion, albeit less power.
Overall- 9/10

Durability- it won't be great compared to other gut/poly hybrids, but it won't be bad. The b5e isn't as heavily shaped as something like tour bite or bhbr.
Overall-6/10

Softness- same as scorpion, maybe a tiny bit stiffer. 1 being the softest, 10 bring stiffest
Overall- 3/10

This is right up next to the gut scorpion. It has everything the scorpion has, except more spin and a little less power on volleys. Does everything really well. I'd have to say this is my favorite, but time will tell.
Overall- 9.6/10
Up&comer is offline   Reply With Quote