Originally Posted by Vicious Vik
This will be the thread of the mighty Texas Longhorns tennis program. (mens mainly). Also known as the Shamehorn tennis thread. Remember when Texas was in the national title vs UGA and could have won? I would forgive you if you didn;t because now we are a shadow of that team. We have fallen hard. Now a team in the 10-15 range each year and this year will go even firthur south.
Looking at the 2012 upcoming year I see no cause for optimism.
It;s time for Center to go. We have regressed heavily. I warned back then not to recruit Ben Chen. i know he was a Texas boy but I saw his results. he loses to mediocre players all the time. got double bagaled by Blake Davis last year. Sitaram has been a bust. Olesen is ok but a plyer than should be playign for Texas Tech not Texas.
Meanwhile A&M, baylor get better and now Oklahoma is much better than us. We are the 4th best team in out conference now.
Ben Chen. is a good player. He beat Marcos Horny of Baylor. That is a great win.
AS A FRESHMAN (2009-10)
• posted a 10-6 overall singles record and a 3-1 mark in dual-match play
• defeated Middle Tennessee State's Shaun Waters by a 6-1, 7-5 count to pick up his first career dual-match victory
• defeated UTSA's Daniel Moreiras 6-3, 6-2 in UT's 7-0 victory over the Roadrunners
• knocked off Laredo Community College's Guilherme Narducci 6-2, 6-2 in UT's 7-0 win over the Palominos
• notched a 6-1, 6-0 win over UTSA's Jorge Delgado at the Texas Invitational
• defeated Baylor's Maros Horny (7-5, 6-4) and Texas A&M's John Lewis (3-6, 6-3, 1-0) at the 2009 ITA Texas Regional Championship
• posted a 6-3, 4-6, 6-2 win over Tennessee's Max Stevens at the H-E-B Baylor Intercollegiate
• registered victories over Pepperdine's Finn Tearney (6-1, 3-6, 1-0) and Abilene Christian's Luke Hawk at the Racquet Club Collegiate Invitational