View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 11:15 AM   #9
socaltennnis
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal10s View Post
maybe his dream is to be a pro tennis player,and he's just following his dream.. chances are if he stay at UCLA and tries to play tennis at that high level he wouldn't learn anything of from the classes anyways ,they miss too many classes all year round.. he can always go back to school anytime after does his thing with tennis.. DK is from SoCal and as resident student, UCLA doesn't cost $200K .. with all that aside..
I heard there was a thing with the coach B.Martin.... I had a feeling something was fishy when DK didn't show up at the Ojai tournament this year... if you're a Pac 10(12) top rank player,it's a long standing tradition you play Ojai...
naw. dk left the team on good terms with the coach and teammates. last year, he had been playing all of the usa futures in between his college matches, skipping most of the fall tournaments including last year's ITA All-Americans. at ojai, even though most top pac 10 players play, typically ucla's top players (kohloffel, abid, srugo) in years past do not compete, often playing only in the doubles draw or not at all. basically it was always dk's plan to go pro and thats why he played all of the american futures while in college. the question was when he should move on. and for dk, he is really dedicated to tennis and he sees tennis as something he wants to do for a long time. for those talking about if dk will need to pay for tution if he goes back to school, i dont see dk going back to college either. he left cause he wants tennis to be his career.

Last edited by socaltennnis : 10-13-2011 at 11:20 AM.
socaltennnis is offline   Reply With Quote