View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 12:03 PM   #318
Up&comer
Hall Of Fame

Pacific Classic/MSV Co-Focus 56/53

Stringing- First I would like to say this is my favorite looking poly string I've ever seen. It's this nice deep blue that just looks awesome. Its pretty easy to string, no friction burn or anything, and it was pretty easy to weave.

Groundstrokes- Wow. I'm not sure if I like it or not, but this has the most spin of any setup I've ever used period. Loads of power as well. However, it just feels so out of control unless I really set up well and hit the ball where I want to hit it. In other words, it's great for aggressive play, but when I had to play defensive, it was all over. The power and spin just didn't always stick with each other. Not really sure what to call it exactly.
Overall- 8/10 (?)

Serves- I am sure of what to call this. One of the best kick serving setups I've used. The amount of spin and power just help to hit a nasty kicker. Slices are ok, and flat serves are a little out of control.
Overall- 8.5/10

Volleys- Again, really powerful and spinny. Which for the most part isn't helpful at the net. When I hit a flat cruch volley, I get a nice response with power, but if I knife it or hit anything like a drop volley, I get the feeling like I have alot of spin in the one direction I don't want it. It just felt like I couldn't hit a regular, solid, offensive volley.
Overall-7.5/10

Durability- I'm guessing about as good as any gut mains setup I've used. The cross is so smooth that it doesn't really eat into the gut like alot of other strings.
Overall- 8/10

Softness- 1 being the softest, 10 being the stiffest.
Overall- 3/10

Really, I just hate the lack of control this setup has. I started out warming up thinking that it was just going to be such a great day for tennis because I felt like whole new angles were just opened up. But once I got into a full practice, playing points, etc... I just lost control. Sure, it has the most spin of any setup I've used, but the total lack of control almost completely negated it. I would think you wouldn't want alot of racket head speed if you use this setup. The power level is super high, higher than basically any setup I've used to date. If you like that, though, this is a great setup for you.
Overall- 8/10
Up&comer is offline   Reply With Quote