View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 09:41 PM   #35
tennishotdog
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo's hopeless slice View Post
Lad, I am a coach, I've been a coach a long time, and I still play a reasonable 5.0+ game. I say this not to brag, but so you might listen to me when I tell you this.

Finish school, get a job and enjoy tennis as a hobby.

There is NO CHANCE of you playing on the pro tour starting this late. Your whole game needs to be rebuilt from the ground up to have any chance of reaching even 5.0 which is a long way from the pros.

Forget it, ok?
Well its not like im giving up school for this, I can do both but I know my priorities. If my game needs to be rebuilt then so be it, that's actually what Im in the process of doing right now, im fine tuning the stroke mechanics and getting down the fundamentals so that it doesnt break down in a match situation which I saw much of even from 5.0 players.

I dont think 5.0+ is that big of a leap from what I've seen at the local tourney. I was able to squeak by this older guy who plays 4.5 and 5.0, granted it was just a practice set but I could see that my groundstrokes gave him lots of trouble and he says I just needed more experience playing the right shot and points and not go for winners every chance I get.
tennishotdog is offline   Reply With Quote