View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 08:48 PM   #36
HunterST
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennishotdog View Post
Well its not like im giving up school for this, I can do both but I know my priorities. If my game needs to be rebuilt then so be it, that's actually what Im in the process of doing right now, im fine tuning the stroke mechanics and getting down the fundamentals so that it doesnt break down in a match situation which I saw much of even from 5.0 players.

I dont think 5.0+ is that big of a leap from what I've seen at the local tourney. I was able to squeak by this older guy who plays 4.5 and 5.0, granted it was just a practice set but I could see that my groundstrokes gave him lots of trouble and he says I just needed more experience playing the right shot and points and not go for winners every chance I get.
Not to be a jerk, but there's really no way you beat a 4.5 or 5.0 player right now. I'm not saying you're making it up, but maybe the guy you played with was inflating his level a bit. 4.5 and 5.0 are very high levels of tennis and you're not there yet. Only like 2 percent of tennis players are.

That's not to say you couldn't get there. You just need a good instructor and a ton of time playing and hitting.

P.S.

I just clicked on your video and the first thing I saw was that your forehand swing is way too flat. Sometimes you're hitting DOWN on the shot. Try to hit up on the ball.
HunterST is offline   Reply With Quote