View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 10:09 PM   #40
tennishotdog
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterST View Post
Not to be a jerk, but there's really no way you beat a 4.5 or 5.0 player right now. I'm not saying you're making it up, but maybe the guy you played with was inflating his level a bit. 4.5 and 5.0 are very high levels of tennis and you're not there yet. Only like 2 percent of tennis players are.

That's not to say you couldn't get there. You just need a good instructor and a ton of time playing and hitting.

P.S.

I just clicked on your video and the first thing I saw was that your forehand swing is way too flat. Sometimes you're hitting DOWN on the shot. Try to hit up on the ball.
Yeh maybe he just plays them but probably not get past the first round, so hes probably inflating his actual level.

I agree about my forehand swing it is very, very flat, most of the balls i hit barely clears the net by a few centimeters. im still experimenting with the proper grip, right now my grip is the classic eastern grip so the swing path is very horizonal, im experimenting with the modified eastern grip like federer has so that the racket swings more vertically ala windshield wiper but this change in grip caused a change in my swing path that is preventing me from executing the stroke smoothly, but im working on it for sure. thanks.
tennishotdog is offline   Reply With Quote