View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 06:51 AM   #387
beernutz
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiviva View Post
Please!, please dont do low card diet...

Please. You will regret. Oh.. You already started..... Just saw..

Well here is something you should know, maybe you already realized..

195lbs X 0.071(body fat that u lost) = 13.8 lbs

So you lost 13.8 lbs of fat.

Where is (25 - 13.8 = ) 11.2lbs...

From your muscle.... So you have lost 60% fat with 40% muscle...

And you know whats bad things about low carb diet?

Whats coming AFTER.

You might lose weight in the beginning, but keeping off the track is another story..

Also simple carbs (sugar) Such as glucose.

It's very important to brain.

"The Institute of Medicine recommends 130 grams (520 kilocalories) of carbohydrate
per day, which is the average minimal usage of glucose by the brain"

There is more... But you should search it and how bad is the popular diets are..

Good luck! If you need any help kikiviva@hotmail.com
You are greatly misinformed about low carb diets. IMO, you should keep your misinformation to yourself until you actually understand the science behind them. I will GUARANTEE I have both read and written more scientific peer-reviewed research than you have. Don't go around making ignorant comments about things you clearly do not understand--it only makes you look foolish. Go look up the term gluconeogenesis--it will rock your little world I'll bet. Did you even know the body did that?

By the way your little "calculation" fails to take into account the water loss which is common on low carb diets as your body sheds itself of gylcogen which retains water. Also, my body fat numbers are just estimates taking with an inexpensive Slimguide caliper. Finally, if I am suffering so badly from my low carb diet, why am I playing the best tennis of my life at age 52? Why were all of my recent blood work profile markers (cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides, blood glucose) in the excellent range?

Last edited by beernutz : 10-26-2011 at 06:59 AM.
beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote