View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 09:37 AM   #48
ian2
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindysphinx View Post
I'd be happy to tell you what I think of your proposal, but I am not sure what it is.

Can you bullet-point it, please?
Cindy, I don't know if you meant to sound snarky, or it just happened to come out that way, but g4 was quite specific in his posts. I see no reason to bullet-point his ideas... the jist of it is obvious: he questions the lack of "standardization" in USTA approach to NTRP ratings. And rightfully so in my opinion. I can see why different sections may want to have different league offerings (due to climate, demographics, facilities availability etc.). But what is the point in, say, counting the same type of league towards NTRP in SoCal and not counting it in Eastern? Or including tournament results into the calculations in Intermountain but not in [some other section]?

Of course it's worth remembering that there is a total of about a dozen people who give a damn about this kind of thing, all of them on this board This stuff really doesn't matter to the "masses". To think of it, it doesn't matter much to the majority of the paid USTA functionaries/"tennis professionals", nor do most of them know much about how NTRP works, differences accross sections, etc.
ian2 is offline   Reply With Quote