View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 09:50 AM   #132
gavna
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Dangerous View Post
Honestly it's a good place, but they are more expensive than TW. If you're getting like a bunch of stuff, you're better off buying on TW to be honest. Even with the 5.95 shipping, you still save and you don't have to pay the 8.25% Texas tax. And even better if you order 75 or more worth of stuff off here.

For racket stringing, unless you live very close to TW it's expensive. 15 per racket is tough plus if you don't want to make 2 trips, then you'll likely want them to expedite it, so that's 18 bucks a racket... I know a pretty reliable guy who strings for 10 per racket and he usually gets it back in a day or so, plus he lives so much closer to me. But to each their own.
You know they will price match and often beat other prices. I think it's good to shop local - making the effort to keep both TW and competitors strong good for all. You really don't want to have just one retailer dominating the market, competition good......we used to have close to a dozen shops here, now only Two real full time shops (I'm not sure if the place in Little Saigon/Chinatown still open: all he had was Yonex anyway) I heard a third opened then closed and relocated to the new Tennis Complex south of The Woodlands.
gavna is offline   Reply With Quote