View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 03:08 PM   #26
HunterST
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis_balla View Post
Exactly, I would of snubbed him as well.

Think of it this way, you're Donald Trump and just had a hour and a half meeting with someone about a business deal. During this meeting you were presented with a project in the works. You were taken through every detail and possible investment options. This meeting was recorded with a video camera. Once the meeting ended no further contact was made and both parties went their separate ways.
2 years later the other person releases this private and confidential video to the public.

Thats how it is for Nadal, just like a business man his training sessions are private and he doesn't want anyone to know what he's working on or has worked on. Have you ever seen a video of Federer, Nadal, Djoko etc training? They are at private courts, especially Fed and do their own thing. What you see at tournaments on the practice courts is a 1/4 of the story.
There were some clips released of Murray a few years back personally on his YT channel, but it doesn't show anything out of the ordinary. Stuff you'd see at a tournament practice court.

What I'm trying to get at is this is very personal to these guys, and it should be. Its their profession and they are, just like a lawyer or a businessman, professionals in their field and, to top it off, at the top of the game. Its serious business so I'm not surprised Nadal is ****ed.
I see your point, but don't we have pretty strong evidence that Nadal made the changes that Borras suggested? So it's not like the guy made some recommendations that Nadal ignored and then never talked to him again. The adjustments Borras suggested were a big part of Nadal's improved serving. It seems only right to give the guy credit.

For some reason, it seems like Nadal, and probably most other players, never want to admit that they've made any change to their technique.
HunterST is offline   Reply With Quote