View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 11:32 AM   #512
Up&comer
Hall Of Fame

WeissCANNON Scorpion/Pacific Classic 53/55

Stringing- Really pretty easy. No problems with scorpion, and no friction burn with gut.

Groundstrokes- I mean, they were alright. Not quite like the control I have with B5E in the mains, but still good. Flat shots were better than the B5E, but spin was tougher to come by and there was definietly more power. I can, however, see plenty of people preferring this setup over the B5E variant.
Overall- 8.5/10

Serves- Right on par with the aforementioned setup. There was more power and less spin, which made kicks a little tougher, but the placement was still there and the extra power made flat serves killer.
Overall- 9.5

Volleys- Here is where it knocks B5E/Gut out of the water. I mean, the feel, touch, placement, pocketing, it was all there. Soft but firm (like gut strung tighter) and plenty of controlled power. It just seemed to work better.
Overall- 10/10

Durability- Better than B5E, and since it's WeissCANNON, it holds tension really well.
Overall-8.5/10

Softness- 1 being the softest, 10 being the stiffest
Overall- 3.5, maybe 4/10

Overall, this would be a phenominal setup for an all court player. I do like the lower power of B5E, and what I gain at net isn't as important because I already have all the weapons I need up there. Maybe it would be better for doubles.
Overall-9/10

Last edited by Up&comer : 12-13-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Up&comer is offline   Reply With Quote