View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 11:28 AM   #15
Mike Sams
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarky21 View Post
I think he's in even worse shape now than in 2009. I am not convinced he is going to do well this weekend no matter how many 5 set clay matches he has lost. He's just such a mess right now,and that coupled with the match-up issue between he and Delpo,I think he might just be due for his second 5 set loss on clay.
He was also a mess in early 2010 until Monte came along. Then he was magically healed. Expect the same when he gets to his beloved clay.
He took care of Tsonga/Gasquet easily in the last DC matches, hardly breaking a sweat.
And furthermore, Spain rules clay. Argentina has no in-form players. I'm not counting Monaco because he has no weapons and is no threat on the grand stage. See what Federer did to Mr.In-Form Monaco at the USO? That was an embarrasment. Del Potro has no form coming in, he's done little to prepare. Nalbandian is a farce now who isn't big-match tough at all and no physical conditioning. And who cares about Chela?
Spain should tear Argentina apart on clay. Nadal alone could take care of the lot.
Mike Sams is offline   Reply With Quote