View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 06:11 PM   #8
TennisCoachFLA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonLars View Post
Hey! I have heard of him and read stuff including from this forum, but never seen him play in person. Once I saw he was in the tournament I sent a message to Brad through youtube that I needed someone to warmup before matches and possibly play doubles. Ive talked with him on the phone a couple times, they seem very motivated and nice at the same time.

I went to school and played tennis in Santa Barbara my first 2 years, I wonder if I ever came across you? Back then I wasnt anywhere close to the playing level I am at now though.
Actually this is a great dynamic Tony. His dad is saying its pros or nothing, college is no option. You excelled in college, on court and with the academics. You have also seen the immense jump in ability even at the 500-800 ATP level....let alone that completely different level needed to make money, which is a top 75 or so player.

I had the pleasure of working with Sekou Banhoura Jr. and remain close with him and his dad. He has given me some insight on the amazing level jumps in tennis from juniors, smaller college, top college, lower pros, and the special ones in the top 100.

I have a feeling with all your experience you will have a hunch after this tournaments if this is a kid who should be bypassing a college scholarship to gamble on the pros...or not. Of course your opinion will and should be kept private.

But to be quite honest, after all these years of bantering with BB, I would love to be able to read your mind on the topic after this tourny!

Have fun and best of luck.

Last edited by TennisCoachFLA : 12-13-2011 at 06:16 PM.