View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 10:02 PM   #22
Stringer_Steve
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Stringer_Steve Send a message via Yahoo to Stringer_Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Jr View Post
His actual frames, including close comparison of the moulds with retail versions of the K6.1 tour and BLX - except cutting them open to analyse to compostion - have been done multiple times and discussed, with close-up photos, on this site.

Federer uses a frame which is made in the K6.1 Tour mould. Whether it's different on the inside or not is not known. But the dimensions, weight, balance, swing-weight, grip shape and size are all known.
I can see that they probably use the same mold, but that isn't something that the manufacturer has ever disputed (from what I can tell). It's the composition and the people posting that they "know" it is this racket or that. That's all I'm saying. 95% of the information in this section is purely speculation.
That being said, there are a few respected members here who currently either work in the industry, string on/or for the tour or have connections in the industry. But there is far more misinformation being posted as factual.