View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 05:30 PM   #76
andfor
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tball2day View Post
That's was assumptive (which is rampant on this forum lately) Actually, I am totally supportive of the foreign players and don't care if they take every spot in the college system. Whoever is the best earns it as far as I am concerned.

What you keep dodging by stating rules is clarifying that these weren't going into effect until 2012 as far as I know (and I may be wrong, but not evil, or argumentative and open to correction). Also foreigners don't get out of HS till later fron what I understand.

So today, there are players recruited from the US and are 17-18 and brought in with foreign freshman that are 18-24 months older. It happens in schools across the country - still. So throw your rules out there, but maybe looking at the situation still in play would be better.

Not sure why everyone on this forum is so angry but the tone has really turned. No wonder TCF only makes occasional visits.
Not angry just stating what I see since I've been on this and other topics of this matter since the beginning. The latest and only change I know of regarding age, and I could could be off, is the NCAA changed the sitting out period from one year to 6 months. I thought that went in effect last year. I've posted the NCAA rules here about 6 or 7 times. I don't claim to have them memorized but know them better than the average non-college tennis coach. I too am open to correction, clarification, education, etc.

BTW. Did not know I was being asked to clarify something so I'm certainly not dodging anything. Your statement about the age of incoming Americans vs. Foreigners according to others on the board is correct. This is another issue that's been addressed more than once. And one that been addressed at the D1 level by starting the eligibility clock 6 months from graduation.

Check out the NCAA rules when you can. If you can't find them and really want to look them over let me know.

Last edited by andfor : 01-21-2012 at 06:22 PM.