View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 07:19 PM   #39
champy511
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedhead83829 View Post
I also tried it.. i put 2 two inch strips of lead tape on the "top" side (if the racket is at impact position of the forehand/backhand) and did see and feel a difference. It definitely seemed to come off the racket a little lower and did seem to have more action.. it almost seemed that i needed to "lift" the ball over the net. I havent played very much with it and am going to keep testing it but there does seem to be something to this theory.

And yes I am a golf teaching pro and known the different effects for weight at certain points and kick points, etc. To be more specific, What would you want to know? The effect on putting more weight higher on the club face would lower ball flight and so that make sense.. but anything else i would be glad to try and answer...
Thanks for replying, I was just curious with the scientific aspect of it. I found out that as I let the momentum pulls the racket, the mass or the heavier side created an extra pull on its way up. But I wasn't sure if that was the main reason. some of the players I hit with made comment about how much spin was produced, even though I have not told them anything.
Btw, to those of you that wondered if I even play tennis, I am a teaching pro,and I have been in the top 50 ITF junior in the 90's, n have played in the tour as well as Division 1 college, so no offense taken but please watch when you decide to pass judgement, thanks.
And what has gotten my curiosity is that I haven't found a single shot by Fed this year (with the new pj), that he hit with the white side on top. I'll be fine if it turns out it is nothing, but as I tried it myself, I was quite surprised by the result.
So, fedhead, from what you're saying then, when you put more weight on top of the club head it created a straighter hit and lower the ball flight, will the opposite happens if you put extra weight at the bottom?
champy511 is offline   Reply With Quote