View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 07:36 PM   #44
fedhead83829
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterFig View Post
I guess there are two parts to all this:
  1. What's the reason for Federer having the racquet always in one orientation? This has now been put to rest by RJYU - Federer has his grips/overgrips done the exact same way on each racquet so it's the wrapping/bump that determines how he holds the frame - and not any weight.
  2. Does putting in some weight at only 3 or 9 positions help in any way? This is actually a very interesting idea. I also wonder if it would be a little 'mental hint' to drop the racquet head before contact to generate more topspin. I know I sometimes hit too straight through the ball, don't drop the head enough to brush up on the ball ... i wonder if putting some weight on the 'bottom' side would help in that - would you actually feel the weight and remember to drop the head down? Anyways - interesting discussion irregardless of it not being something Federer does.
good question.. but my thought is the opposite.. i also hit more flat and want to brinng the ball down in the court more.. so, i THINK that weight on the bottom will NOT allow the racket face to come over the top of the ball to create more topspin and will keep the racket face straight up/open that will make the ball fly..
fedhead83829 is offline   Reply With Quote