View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 07:03 PM   #47
champy511
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedhead83829 View Post
agreed.. and i enjoy the discussion.. but it seems to me, that its a combination of the upward swing and the position of the racket face at impact(or what the racket does at impact) would dictate how much or what kind of spin.. example: just because i swing to the left does not mean the ball will go left, the club face would need to be pointed in that direction for it to fly there. if my face was open(or pointed to the right) with the same swing path going to the left then the club would generate a left to right spin on the ball causing the ball to slice.. and so if the added weight on the top would keep the racket face tilted down longer at impact, it would seem to "cover" the ball longer and that would mean it would reduce the vertical flight of the ball and create more topspin, correct?

I think it is supposed to generate the topspin, at this point I am thinking that since I generate all my powers by letting the momentum built through my loop backswing, I feel like as I guide the racket forward and up, the mass or the weight on top of the racket will creates an extra pull, which build velocity. But I am not the right person to say this, it seems that way in my mind. So, as a result, I think that creates more lift that produces some more topspin. I also realized today that my shots seem to be a bit deeper than when I used normal weight, so maybe the weight at the top caused the racket face to open a bit more than normal, maybe?? I don't know, but I am enjoying the results so far. Hope you have a good experience too. Btw, I looked through hundreds of Fed's pictures this year n not a single one is he hitting with the white side up (new pj).
champy511 is offline   Reply With Quote