View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 08:25 AM   #15
TennisFan2Day
Rookie

The truth is that they don't care at all. I brought this up last year explaining that in years prior when our son won his National Open that he wouldn't even get into the draw now under the new rules. There is a player who is in the top 30 in the country that is not going to get in a National Open of the next age group up. Now he is going to have to stay in his age group and destroy most, if not all, of the competition. At the top levels they are telling players that they should move up as soon as possible which is shown by their actions of WC their boys into the ITF tournaments.

These new changes are nothing more than a way for their players down there to look like they are doing well and to make it look like USTA Boca is the right thing.

I was asked by the person who gave me the information before to not bring stuff up on here any longer because the USTA sent them emails telling them to keep quiet. Nice system they have there.

Needless to say, wait until you hear what they have planned for the 2013 Regionals. I would suggest you call your Sectional office and ask them about it. The head of every Jr Sectional committee knows about this so if they say they don't then they are lying.