View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 12:26 PM   #21
tennis5
Professional

TennisFan2Day -
I was asked by the person who gave me the information before to not bring stuff up on here any longer because the USTA sent them emails telling them to keep quiet. Nice system they have there. Needless to say, wait until you hear what they have planned for the 2013 Regionals. I would suggest you call your Sectional office and ask them about it. The head of every Jr Sectional committee knows about this so if they say they don't then they are lying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGH-TECH TENNIS View Post
TennisFan2Day: It is a free country-no need to "keep quiet" about anything that will help us ALL make better decisions regarding junior tennis.

What have you heard regarding 2013 changes?

TennisFan2Day -
Does this person who gave you the info know your screen name?

It would be helpful if you can tell the board what info you have, so we can compare notes.......

This board is anonymous.....

I feel like a broken record here.

I have been talking about this for weeks.

What I have heard so far, for 2013,
is bye-bye regionals, and 64 Super Nat Draws.

THINK ABOUT IT......
WITH NO MORE REGIONALS, AND A 64 DRAW FOR A SUPER NATIONAL.......
THAT MEANS FOR MOST PLAYERS, YOU WILL NEVER LEAVE YOUR SECTIONAL EVER AGAIN. PERIOD.
THIS MIGHT BE OK IF YOU LIVE IN FLORIDA OR SOCAL, BUT FOR THE OTHER SMALLER SECTIONS -
THAT IS A DEATH SENTENCE FOR ANY KIND OF TENNIS IMPROVEMENT.
I HAVE HEARD THESE CHANGES WERE VOTED ON ALREADY...... 2013.

I was going to get more info,
but the friend said he was told not to talk about it .....by the USTA.

I gather it is so bad, they don't want anyone to know until it is in effect.

Imagine you are driving on the highway at the legal speed limit of 65, and while your foot is on the gas pedal, they change the speed limit.
And you get screwed.

Same feeling here.

-----------------------------------------------------

FROM TRN - Collete Lewis ( SHE OBVIOUSLY HEARD ABOUT IT TOO......)
January, 12th, 2012

http://www.tennisrecruiting.net/article.asp?id=1349

Are More Major Changes Brewing for USTA Junior Competition?

A major revamping of the competitive structure of the USTA junior divisions is being proposed, not for the first time.
In an attempt to restore the importance of sectional play, many tournaments below the National Championship level could be eliminated, and even gold ball events could see draw sizes reduced and formats drastically changed.
Whether these proposals will have any true impact on player development is debatable,
but it must be said that while simplicity may not be its strong suit, the USTA can't be accused of fearing change.

FOLKS, THIS IS A BIG DEAL.
MANY TOURNAMENTS BELOW THE SUPER NATS WILL BE ELIMINATED.
ALL, SO THAT WE CAN PLAY THE SAME PLAYERS IN OUR SECTION OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

OF COURSE, IF YOU ARE A PLAYER IN THE PD, NO RULES APPLY.
WILD CARDS WILL ENSURE YOU PLAY.

Last edited by tennis5 : 01-25-2012 at 02:01 PM.