View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 07:03 AM   #8
dbordel
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterbill View Post
In my little slice of experience......I am not saying because it is my experience it is a universal truth......partially funded women's programs typically support partial scholys for eight women rather than full scholys for some of the top eight and nothing for the rest of the top eight.

If a school does not fill 8 roster spots, there could be a variety of reasons.

1. The school is undesirable for academic, athletic, location, or climate reasons

2. There was an unexpected transfer out, or defection, or failure to academically qualify

3. The coach is purposefully "banking" a scholy to save for the next incoming class.

Even if a school is partially funded and is offering each girl a fraction of a full athletic scholy, they often find ways to make up the difference by using academic money to make up the difference. To find out how all this stuff works for each school, it is necessary to talk to the coach or AD office, I think
Ok, I think I understand that. So since they do not have enough money to fund all 8, they do not care that a partial counts as a full scholarship according to NCAA.
dbordel is offline   Reply With Quote