View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #33
Say Chi Sin Lo
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tezuka View Post
Is Wilson really that bad. Like most people I want a bag to last and I'm in to Wilson racquets however that may change once I demo some racquets but if Wilson's bags are so bad then why do the top pros use them. Although I guess they get endorsements but Wilson should seriosuly think about us normal players we are mortal but would like our bags to last not just look like a wild animal has torn it up after a year or two.
No bag is THAT bad, just that there are better options out there in my opinion.

I have a K-factor 6pack pag and that was really well built. It doesn't collapse on itself and the zippers are excellent. Thermo-line works well enough. It was a very simple bag, no hidden pockets and what not.

Then I bought a Federer Super Six bag for a good deal.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Wils...N-WBLXFSS.html

It's not that much bigger than my k-factor 6pack but it holds much more stuff. For a non-12pack, the bag is usable pocket galore. If you want to stretch it, you can hold 6 racquets in each of the racquet compartments. Shoes are able to fit inside the main compartment easily (comes with a shoe bag) along with jackets for the cold weather. There are no buckles so the bag doesn't squeak, and the straps seem to be sturdy enough. Thermoline works well enough. It's a soft bag, so it's very comfortable to carry around.

However, the bag does collapse onto itself and if you are going to stuff it habitually, I really doubt the zippers will hold up. It's funny because the non-Federer versions Wilson's Super 6 bags are much more resistant to collapsing, while keeping all of its design and features.

Having said that, I'm sort of annoyed that what is supposed to be more expensive, "signature" bag has inferior built quality than their normal range.
Say Chi Sin Lo is offline   Reply With Quote