View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 02:33 PM   #23
tlm
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5263 View Post
Looks like you missed the definitions in the OP!
That is incorrect for the purposes of this discussion.

I can add that no instructor would consider barely hitting past the svc line a deep shot,
but would instead be considered acceptable by some standards, but clearly not deep.
Often the balls we see attacked for winners are well beyond the svc line though,
so you give further evidence that deep alone (by your definition) is not protection from getting attacked.
Your comment is also a good example of the confusions about depth and it's significance.
Deep is even often considered the correct call for an "out" ball that is long, so yes, DJ does hit some deep as well by that standard. This is why I started with some definitions to start the discussion.

You are right sureshs missed the definition, but what is new? He always misses the definition and has a uncanny ability to switch and swap things around and mostly miss the point.

For him to say now that deep means beyond the service line is one of the bigger piles of BS he has ever come up with, and believe me that is not easy to top.

Just a few weeks ago he would have argued to death that just beyond the serve line would have been a short shot. But i guess now after seeing the shot charts that were shown and with no way to dispute that, he now claims that joker hits deep because most shots are past the serve line.

Is this just to hilarious or what, a lot of these guys should have been politicians.