View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #191
InvisibleSoul
Hall Of Fame

Damn it... Raonic could and would have played against Tsonga if it were not for a misread MRI.

http://www.tennis.com/articles/templ...6476&zoneid=25

Quote:
Canada’s Milos Raonic says that a misread MRI on his injured left knee forced him to pull out of his Davis Cup match against France’s Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, and that if it had been read correctly he would have played.

Frank Dancevic subbed in for Canada’s top player and lost to Tsonga, clinching the tie for France, 3-1.

"It was bad luck last week," Raonic told TENNIS.com in San Jose. “After we lost to doubles I went to have an echography [in Vancouver] and I was told I had four-millimeter tear in the tendon and it was month-long recovery. I was told that if I played on Sunday it could completely snap and I’d be out for eight to 12 months. So it was a no-brainer not to play. So I spoke to my doctor in Spain and I came here because I knew the services were really good at the Stanford Medical Clinic. I did an MRI and I was told it was just misplaced fluid instead of a tear and it was just showing tendonitis and I could play through, it won’t get any worse. It was little a disheartening because I was in the dark and I wish I could have played. If I knew I wasn’t taking a risk, I would have played Tsonga. I was sore, but I knew if I could take a pain killer, I could probably have played through the pain."
Did they show the Monfils clown show live on TV even though it was a dead rubber? I watched it live, and it was fun to see.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote