View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 01:47 AM   #22
USERNAME
Professional

I run sprints in training and distance for fun. Most of my former coaches ran 3-4 times a week, my last coaches wife is a competitive runner, you will never see any of them using any running shoe on the court for serious play or practice. Personally I run in the CC Rides and just got some Charge RCs (AWESOME shoe) but also got a pair of Minimus Trails from my gf, I'd not be caught dead on a tennis court in any of those unless I was running sprints. I do have experience with a lot of different shoes and I can tell you that there's a reason tennis shoes are TENNIS shoes, they are built to protect your feet in the sudden starts and stops and changes in directions.
I have rolled my ankle, running sprints in the Rides and in the Barricade 5, the roll in the Rides were worse. The way I play I put my body under a ton of stress, I'm off the ground on just about every forehand and will try to run everything down, because of this I need shoes that will keep me safe and stable. If you just bat the ball around feel free to use slippers for all I care, but if your an actual competitor you should be in specific tennis shoes.
And if you think you can't roll your ankle barefoot, try street rugby or football. Not hard.