Thread: Head Comp Tour
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 08:14 AM   #5
joe sch
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCTEN View Post
Agreed, I have 5 models (graphite pro,comp pro, team pro, club pro and the comp tour) they all play great. I have paid $20 or less for each of them which is a fantastic bargain. The only problem with them so far is that the original grommets have basically disintegrated with exception of the comp tour. I've capped the comp pro and club pro but the resulting feel is a bit more head heavy which I personally don't like as much as the original. My next project is to attempt to trim a set of cap grommets in hopes that it will feel a bit more like the original set. Any tips on the best way to do this would be appreciated.
Played with Comp Tour yesterday and loved it. Great balance and weight(12oz on my postal scale) pleasing flex,moderate power with excellent control. Best $2.99 I ever spent.
I personally love the cap grommets and if its just the more head heavy balance that bothers you then you could offset by adding more weight in handle. Otherwise cut the cap grommets to minimize extra weight. Those original grommets do get brittle and breakup so best to replace so strings do not get damaged.
joe sch is offline   Reply With Quote