View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 01:13 PM   #2834
Ramon
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Player View Post
Well it sounds like the PPA may last longer? The RIP has not busted on me yet (2 hours in). The last RIP I used lasted 4 hours, but it was 17 gauge.

If I get 12-19 hours out of it, I'm going to be very very happy and buy a reel. If It breaks after 4-8, I already have my list:

Iontec 1.25
my 6.1 gut mains/msv poly setup.
And this PPA that seems to be rather durable. I know Mikeler is a string breaker as well.

I break strings faster now that I went to a lighter stick, but my control and pace and spin AND serve is all better so it is worth it.

Up&Comer have you used 16 gauge rip in a full job before? Just wondering if you did and how long you got out of it.
I love PPA. I had it strung on my spare Ki 5x, and if it plays like it did on my APDGT it will probably be my go to multi. I only played with it for about 5 hours on my APDGT, but I knew from looking at it that it would probably go another 5 hours.

However, for pure durability my money is on RIP Control 16. I've played with it long enough to know it's tough as nails. It would have gone 20 hours if I let it, but I was getting sick of looking at it for so long I cut it at 19!
Ramon is online now   Reply With Quote