View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #33
VOLLEY KING
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman99 View Post
I have Madeline's email addy, she gave me some good advice about string choices. However, she didn't answer my last email.....

She never mentioned that she is still selling the Mad Raq. Perhaps she isn't, as no more are being made.

All the specs on the PowerAngle are available on TW. I have the Grand model, which is a 115 head size. In general, the racket is relatively stiff, relatively light, and several points head heavy. Normally, these specs would not indicate a very arm/shoulder friendly racket, but the string pattern addresses some of those issues.

I also have a Vortex Extreme Spin racket on order, for demo purposes (they have a 30-day MBG policy instead of a formal demo program). There are also two Vortex rackets for sale right now on that auction site, by one of TT's most active posters - JoeSch.

Hmm, just checked and there is an antique McEnroe Mad Raq also for sale on that auction site. Real small head though. I might buy it just for its historical value.
No don't buy the McEnroe Mad raq at least not for serious play!!

It's a piece of crap. It was made for 13 year olds. I'm not even sure it's graphite.
I think it was only sold in like Target or stores like That. It's a joke .

I have a few Madraqs I don't use actually never even tried. Ill see if I have one that meets your specs. They are already strung however and it will be hard to restring .

Although Madeline lists a bunch of people who are stringers for her. I bought the guy in Thornwood out. I must have like 10 of them.

Madeline definitely has some or she can direct you on where to find it.

I'm glad you mentioned the Vortex. It's a very different racquet than the Mad Raq.

I have all the Vortex's and know them all well. The closest Vortex to your specs is the blue 116.

I'll post that one next when I have a moment. Great sticks.

VOLLEY KING is offline   Reply With Quote