View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 10:34 AM   #103
Hitman99
Rookie

[quote=Hitman99;6387505]I hit with the 108 for a while last night, but didn't play with it. I am going to order a couple more sets of the PowerMaxx strings, have the racket restrung.

I've decided to send the 133 back, as much as I enjoy playing with it. Main reason is that it is killing my shoulder. All that power, spin, and leverage from the longer length carries a steep price. The racket FEELS comfortable, but it is definitely making my shoulder worse. I had trouble sleeping last night, and am thinking I probably need to take some time off to heal up.QUOTE]

I emailed Vortex, got a nice email back from Tom, the owner. He suggested cutting the overall length of the racket back to 27 3/4", said he plays with the racket at that length, helps reduce the effective swing weight. He graciously offered to do it for me if I ship the racket back. I have done this before on one of my other rackets, but still might take him up on it, just to make sure I don't screw it up somehow.

So, I am going to keep the racket, will play with the ES 108 or my Head Metallix until my shoulder feels better.
Hitman99 is offline   Reply With Quote