View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 02:29 PM   #53
Towser83
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kragster View Post
It's sad that on this forum, things have come to a point where a player can't even say they aren't feeling good. Lots of posters (not you) think they are a better authority on a player's health than the player themself and unless there is a doctor's certificate, people will claim any talk of injury or sickness is an excuse. I for one am perfectly fine with taking what the player says at face value. If Fed says he's sick or Rafa says his knees hurt or Nole says he had breathing issues, I am not going to question it because in the grand scheme of things, health and fitness are part and parcel of the game .Even if the player is lying, he/she will be judged purely on accomplishments. No one is going to hand out extra slams to a player, because they COULD have won if they had been 100%.
true, good point. But it's also sad when no victory is a proper victory because people are always talking about sickness/injury. Federer is ill, but I just don't think that will be the biggest factor vs Nadal, It doesn't help but if Nadal wins it's probably because he plays better than Federer, not because Federer is sick. I'm not saying anyone is faking injury or sickness, but too often people trat it as if it's the sole reason for the outcome of the match. That's all I'm saying.

PS, not saying TMF was doing that, but some of the ***** probably will

Last edited by Towser83 : 03-15-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Towser83 is offline   Reply With Quote