View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #55
kragster
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towser83 View Post
true, good point. But it's also sad when no victory is a proper victory because people are always talking about sickness/injury. Federer is ill, but I just don't think that will be the biggest factor vs Nadal, It doesn't help but if Nadal wins it's probably because he plays better than Federer, not because Federer is sick. I'm not saying anyone is faking injury or sickness, but too often people trat it as if it's the sole reason for the outcome of the match. That's all I'm saying.

PS, not saying TMF was doing that, but some of the ***** probably will
Agreed, not saying that tennis players don't exaggerate illnesses but it's really hard to distinguish between levels of sickness/injury so I think it's just easiest to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, knowing that irrespective, in the grand scheme it doesn't matter. I had the flu a couple of weeks ago and some days I felt pretty fine and some days I felt crappy. Fed could technically feel sick one day, well the next and then sick again. I have also had tendinitis where some days when I try to lift weights my arm kills me and then 2 days later my arm feels great.
kragster is offline   Reply With Quote