View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 07:54 PM   #4
Tennisstringz
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarTennis View Post
Good to know.
Thanks Dallas. This is a great relief for American kids trying for scholarships.

Most of the kids and parents really only care about your ranking system. It encourages looking for the strongest competition. In USTAs, players looked for the weakest draws and the weakest fields. Because of your site, we look for tourneys with the best players. And when we get a seed in the first round, we are happy, because we have a chance to pull off an upset and move up in TRN. My kid's abilities have really improved since we adopted this approach. Try to gain skills that can beat the best rather than playing a style that gets cheap wins.

I bet most college coaches believe your ranking. If not, they re missing out. The only time I ve seen it not predict well, is when one player has been hiding ( sandbagging), coming back from injury, or there is a psychological factor between the players.

Someday, there ought to be a TRN tournament series for juniors in highschool. Blue chips are taken care of on the national level. We need a four star five star showdown. It would be cool to see how predictive your rankings would be.