View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 09:18 PM   #18
SystemicAnomaly
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisParent
Suresh, I hope I have this right. Got this from one of my golf magazines. Make a circle using your right thumb and forefinger, pick a small object about 10-15 feet away and look at it through the circle you have made with both eyes open. Now, close first your right eye then the left, object will remain in the circle with your dominant eye open. It will "jump" out of the circle when you close your dominant eye. I believe that you can also use a small tube, like the cardboard from a used roll of tp for this exercise.
I use a variation of this idea that might be a bit easier for some ppl.

Use the thumbs & index fingers of both hands to form a suitable window (round-ish or diamond-shape is fine, but not really important). Hold this window at arm's length and, with both eyes open, look at some distant object that fills up a fair portion of your window.

When you close your dominant eye, the object will shift (quite a bit) to one side of your window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chess9
I hate to inject thread drift, but as I recall astigmatism is more important than eye dominance. My eye doctor told me that the main reason so many kids can't play hand-eye games is because they have uncorrected astigmatic conditions....

-Robert
I'm sure that an astigmatism would, indeed, be a major factor. However, for those ppl that have no discernible astigmatism, eye dominance could be a very important factor in judging ball trajectories.
SystemicAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote