View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 01:24 AM   #1
Shaolin
Hall Of Fame

Default My pics from Pacific Life Open (Fed,Haas,Santoro,Andreev,etc)

I was there for mainly the 2nd and 3rd rounds and got to see some great matches. You can check out some of my pics here:

http://photobucket.com/albums/e296/s...0pics/?start=0

Some of the highlights/lowlights...

Highlights:
Got to see Igor Andreev's matches vs Tursunov and Soderling. He hits with tons of pace and massive amounts of spin on his FH. Pretty big serve too. Not a big surprise at all how he took out Roddick.

Rochus vs Wawrinka. This match was played in the freezing cold but was very high quality. Rochus makes so many insane gets, it has to be a nightmare to play him. Wawrinka would hit what looked like four would-be winners in a row and Rochus wouuld get them back.

Richard Gasquet (vs Kevin Kim). I never got to see any huge backhand winners (didnt see the whole match) but his footwork was really amazing. Ive never seen a player with such active feet, taking little adjustment steps every millisecond.

Federer/Allegro vs Grosjean/Gasquet in dubs. Although Fed didnt look particularly motivated I had almost courtside seats so it was cool to see Fed from about 10 feet away (somehow I got good seats, I think it was karma for my tickets being messed up royally and ending up with nosebleeds in the stadium 1).

Lowlights:
Traffic. Dont try to get there on time for a match. Leave either early or late. People were so stressed out that a fight broke out between the two people next to me in the parking area.

Food. The food sucks and its expensive, plus theres long lines.

The guy behind me at the Berdych vs Henman match. Note to this guy and others like him: Youre doing too much. No one is paying you to provide point by point commmentary on the match. We know that its break point, especially when the score is right there 20 feet away on the scoreboard.

Anyway it was well worth going to and Ill be there again next year....
Shaolin is online now   Reply With Quote