View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 01:08 PM   #46
Povl Carstensen
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strut99GT View Post
Think about shoes in caveman terms. I run in minimalist shoes because I can run outside barefoot and feel that it is a natural, logical transition. However, I would never, ever consider moving back and forth, side-to-side on a concrete tennis court in my bare feet, nor do I think anyone else should. Tennis shoes are engineered to assist the human body in accommodating this movement.
The human skin is very tough, specially with some progressional training (not straight out of the shoe box).

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowoctopus View Post
Afraid my personal take on this is not very optimistic. I respect people's desire to want to revert to the caveman or the lesser primitive way of doing things, including barefoot walking and running. The truth is, our ancestors did not live very long, have tons of health issues (often result in painful deaths). Additionally, their activities were much different than ours (probably no tennis). The environment they lived in were also different. So what make us think that a caveman could survive the modern world better than the modern version?
I would say modern man would have a tougher time surviving the cave world.