Thread: Achilles Injury
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 11:04 PM   #4
i_heart_ib
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Jr View Post
Tendonosis is something which is hard to cure by visiting a doctor. Chances are you'll be given a set of rest/stretch type activities to do. There's not a pill or one-shot treatment that can solve it. (note: tendonosis from what I understand does not in itself make the Achilles tendon more prone to tearing)

I had Achilles tendonosis for a while and found a sort of management place with it. I warm up thoroughly, do post tennis warm-down (walk for about 10 mins) stretches and also off-day stretches often twice a day concentrating on the lower part of the calf. I also do the rolling pin exercise too (can't find the video at the second) which is a Godsend for calf niggles.

Tendonitis however is a whole other story as Ollinger mentions above.
I've had this injury for 4-5 months now, so would that be a sign of tendinosis and not tendinitis? Im kinda confused, cause I have tendinosis in my right shoulder as well, but while I read that tendinosis is "degeneration" of the tendon, my doctor is telling me that my tendinosis is "chronic" inflammation, so kinda like long-term tendonitis?
i_heart_ib is offline   Reply With Quote