View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 09:10 AM   #55
SoBad
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Strongo View Post
Hmm... What did I make that day... If memory serves me right it was an appetizer, basically an avocado half filled with what is essentially a mix of mayonnaise, creme fraiche, shrimp and other goodies. Basically it's stuff you'd normally find as a filling for baked potatoes. It's simple to make and it actually tastes great.

And oh, there is no such thing as an exotic Swedish dish. Surströmming doesn't count as that's vile.
Sounds fantastic – believe it or not, my idea of Swedish food is hotdogs at Ikea (no salt/pepper in the smaller café, it turns out). Let me ask you this question about Sweden – is it all pasty pristine blonde people, or is it really all overrun by handsome dark immigrant people?

Food and drink is a delicate topic. When I first joined the forum, a respectable member queried me on my sangria recipe. I probably was not very responsive at the time, because the basic sangria seemed obvious to me. I am more knowledgeable now in the ways of food and drink, and I can share now.

You squeeze the ends of the orange into a pitcher and slice the middle. Slice and squeeze some lime and lemon. Add sugar. Pour some fine red wine. Empty one ice tray into the pitcher and mix it well so the drink gets cold. Add sparkling mineral water. Add another tray of ice to finalize the pitcher. Pour into a voluminous glass and enjoy!