View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 05:42 PM   #67
DrewRafter8
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisnut09 View Post
DrewRafter, You must try it. It has very good control spin and power. The top spin serve is crazy. I can also flat it with this string when I need it. If you play a lot of single, BHB7 is the one. For double, I like the hybrid a little bit more/the volley. I may go for 54 full bed the next time. How is the tour bite on this PDR? What tension do you like the best? I still have a set 1.20 that I am going to try next. I've used to have the tour bite on my previous racket (prestige MP at 52) and I like it very much.
I tried a full set of 16L Tour Bite today. I strung it up too high though. Felt solid but I strung it up at 47/45 and probably went five pounds too high. I figure the next time I play the tension will have dropped enough for me to like it a bit better. I'm still looking for a string to wow me in this racquet. Twisted Razor and Typhoon were awesome in my APDC+'s but I didn't care for the Razor in the Black Drive+. I'm going to drop the tension in the next racquet I string then I'm going to try BHB7. I'm thinking I'll order it, Blue Typhoon, and maybe B5E or the PLII Evo to try.

On a side note, lead at 12 is the way to go on this thing. I'm at 329 grams and it's perfect. I've been able to click with all aspects of my game with this stick. The stability is excellent compared to the APDC+ that I came from. I've always put a good swing on the ball and this Black Drive+ certainly doesn't make me miss the hollow feel of the APDC+.