View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 07:40 PM   #9
merwy
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedfan34 View Post
So this is not a GOAT thread, I'm not claiming that Federer is the greatest of all time, as Ralph and Djesus still have plenty of time themselves to man up and take it for themselves. Some will say oldies like Pancho Gonzales or Bill Tilden or Laver could take Fed on. I'm not commenting on that.

This thread is simply to move the Petetards from the dark ages into the 20th century. Roger is better than Pete in almost every way possible. Even his volleys are more natural than Pete's, and he has to volley off of balls that are coming MUCH faster at him than anything Pete had to volley off of. Seriously, watch Sampr-*** v. Rafter 1998 US Open. If such creme puff returns were coming off his opponent's racket, hell even Nadal would serve and volley.

The ONLY thing Pete has over Roger is the serve. THAT'S IT. Time for the flat earthers, civil war re-enacters, and birthers of the Petetard movement to come out of the shadows of the Bronze Age of 90s tennis into the light of the modern game.
Although I agree with you in that Federer is better than Sampras.. this thread is just asking to get flamed. I have no idea why you created this thread, it is completely irrelevant to anything that is currently going on in tennis, it looks as if you're just trying to annoy Sampras fans (i.e. trolling)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fed_rulz View Post
comparing Sampras to Federer is like comparing VW to Ferrari. I just hope Federer obliterates the reminder of the sampras records, just for the kicks.
And I don't even know what to say about this. It used to be just the Nadal fans that were stupid trolls, but it seems that the *******s are making a decent effort to obtain the same reputation..

Last edited by merwy : 04-16-2012 at 07:44 PM.
merwy is offline   Reply With Quote