View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 07:10 PM   #4
UBER Forehand
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by boramiNYC View Post
Dude, mastering any skill is not that easy and people are not that stupid. If it was so easy to understand things and perform based on it, you'd be playing pro and making millions not posting here thinking everyone here's stupid.
Obviously, you didn't understand the point of it. Do you think that I would waste my time explaining things to people who I think wouldn't be able to understand them? Of course not.

And, secondly, I was correcting a mistake virtually everyone makes... they don't make it because they are stupid and unable to understand; more than often, they do it because they are unaware that it is indeed a mistake. What I tried to bring here wasn't a condescending reply meant to show people how ignorant they are... I posted a few thoughts on methods, procedures and gave examples of what it should look like to work in a way that spares us from being the toy of our impressions.

But, as far as I can tell, it only seems as if I ****ed off a few people who feel like every man who put up stuff they have knowledge about do it to impose something unto others or as if it was necessarily carrying an aura of superiority whenever a guy points out at certain flaws.

You probably understand that if you are bound by circumstances to behave in a wrongful way, it's only if someone else points it out or shows you what you couldn't otherwise see that you would understand your mistake and, finally, improve. That's what I am trying to do here. I am well aware that in the truest, most popular of spirit, I risk more insults than praises, but I am not doing this to be enjoyed or appreciated; if I was, I'd be telling you what you want to hear, not what you need to hear.

And, no: even if I understand properly how to do something, it doesn't follow that I will do it well; neither does it follow from knowledge of how to train myself, that it will also do it that well either. However, it does follow from the absence of knowledge or by following erroneous ideas that someone won't get as good as they could -- that is the point of my intervention. I'll also probably will receive more insults for doing this, but your comment is a non sequitur as the conclusion does not follow from the premises you have used: knowledge of the method and knowledge of how to learn the method does not entail by necessity the ability to perform it; hence, my skill as a player have no impact on the validity of my comments.

On the other hand, it doesn't mean that you are stupid. In fact, you're probably insulted or frustrated and you wrote what felt good instead of writing what made sense. It feels good to blame the President, but it doesn't make sense to blame one guy who needs the vote of a bunch of others and who operate within limits... and it doesn't help to do it either as it's not the real problem. But it does feel good.