View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 05:12 AM   #8016
Pneumated1
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGads View Post
Good luck, man. There is magic in the IG Midplus. I know it. I experienced it on multiple occasions. I just couldn't get back there for some reason, and this will be one of the great mysteries of my life. I hope you find the gold.
I've now tasted of its magic. I've seen the rainbow, and the gold is there for the taking . . . I think. Unbelievable frame! With my modded Londons, tennis is easy. The whole hoop is a sweetspot, and you can just swing 80% all day, not to mention that it's an all-court gem, imo. I don't know why I would deviate from this path, quite honestly. I don't really want to.

But . . . there's this Prestige. The first three balls I hit with it found the middle of the net, not even close to the tape. I thought, "Wow, this was a bad decision," and I put it down after about five minutes. However, I went back to it, considering that I haven't played in over a week, and I just started stroking the ball with a long, fluid, effortless swing. Something just happened; I can't explain it. I couldn't miss the sweetspot with this frame, and I couldn't miss a ball. This frame shows its teeth when you start finding the center of the stringbed with a long, relaxed swing. You feel it going into another gear, almost as if the stringbed is glazing the ball with control.

I could wax on and on, but after an hour of hitting, my hitting partner and I played a few sets, and surprisingly, I just continued with the Prestige. I won 1 & 3, had about 8-10 aces, and just put the ball on a dime the whole match. No timidity allowed with this frame, though, as it will fall short, but this is the best serving frame I've hit, and bh slices are just a dream.

Tennis is so much easier with the London, but the tennis purist in me will most likely switch to this frame, but I'll try to make it a slow transition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaghan View Post
You are so right gads those rq's are ugly uglies but the design really does work.
Hey Meaghan, which grip shape do you prefer between your Beckers and this Yonex? I had a lot of trouble coming from Dunlop to BB, but now the Becker, and even Head shape, has grown on me quite a bit, especially the Head.
Pneumated1 is offline   Reply With Quote