View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #15
mikej
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkC View Post
Sounds like some of this analysis is seriously out of date.
i guess we'll see who's out of date / who's right / who's wrong / who's blinded by the love-fest with UVA's players on thesabre / etc in a few weeks

Quote:
Domijan was a nervous freshman in his first NCAA final 16 last year. That won't be a problem this year, and that is one reason the sophomore Domijan stays ahead of the freshman, Frank.
if you say so...the rest of us without a crystal ball may not know until he sets foot in that big loud stadium on a hot day, with an opponent across from him that is making him play points longer than he wants, with an annoying fan yelling in his ear every time he gives in with a frustrated error

Quote:
Drew Courtney flew to Alabama a little while ago to get custom shoe orthotics for his foot problem. He seems to be a new man. You might want to check his results from the ACC tournament at #1 doubles and #4 singles. "Top 4 clicking now" is even better than "top 3 clicking now."
did you have a straight face when you wrote that? i'm aware of his results from the ACC tournament - a very nice small sample where he got revenge on saba...and i also watched him play saba and lose a month ago on video feed...i couldn't tell if he had fancy orthotics in place so maybe he hadn't undergone his metamorphosis yet

Quote:
You also might want to check the results at #3 doubles.
fact: UVA has lost more than its usual share of dubs pts this year
fact: UVA split two very close dubs pts with Duke during the past month (you think Duke is as good at dubs as OSU or USC? i don't)
opinion: there's a very good chance UVA will lose 2+ dubs pts if they survive long enough to play all 4 matches in NCAAs
opinion: they will not come back 2+ times against teams like UCLA, OSU, USC

Quote:
Most of your assessment sounds spot on if only it had been written about a month ago.
again, we'll see going to predict a 7-0 win for UVA over USC again this year? that was pretty spot on last year

man, when you don't tell UGA and UVA fans that you think they are superpowers with tremendous chances of winning NCAAs, you really ruffle some feathers...sorry?

Last edited by mikej : 04-27-2012 at 04:32 PM.
mikej is offline   Reply With Quote